Graduating from high school and going to college for the first time can be both a scary and an exciting time in life. You are going to school on your own. You are responsible for your own schedule; to study or not to study. You make new friends. College is an excellent time for you to take advantage of all the benefits that the single life offers because, although you may not think so at the time, you will have more free time you will ever have in life while attending college.
Top Ten Reasons Why Being Single in College is the Best
1. You have complete independence to go to restaurants, bars, parties, and events on your own.
2. You have more control over your life and you can act as you please.
3. You are responsible for your own self-worth and happiness. Depend on and love yourself. Rely on yourself.
4. You learn who you are as a person and decide which path of life you want for a career, choices, lifestyle, etc.
5. You are only responsible for your own life. You don’t have to worry about dealing with your personal issues and planning your schedule while having to work with another person who also has problems and a life.
6. You are responsible for your schedule and you don’t have to include another person in your schedule.
7. You can go and do as you please. Live life with no regrets!
8. You are able to focus on and to finish your assignments with having to worry about responding to a significant others’ texts or having to deal with emotional drama.
9. You can hang out with whoever you want without having a significant other becoming jealous or worried about you.
10. You can take more risks in your career, life, and with your daily choices that you could not do with a significant other or if you were married.
The short lesson from this list is that being single is the optimal decision in college. You get to learn more about who you are as a person, become the person who you want to be, and learn to value yourself as a person without dealing with the issues and complications that significant others add to life. Enjoy your time as a college student and remember that you get an education both inside and outside of the classroom.