3 Pros and Cons for Single to Consider Before Buying Sex Tech
With the rise of technology and ease of use to attain resources online, the interaction between people is becoming less and less. People are more connected, but also more alone. The need to go to the store can be replaced by a simple order online, and the need for socializing can be filled by social media and chat rooms.
Technology does make our lives easier in the 21st Century, and that is why sex is becoming more technological – especially for the single men and women. There are more sex toys on the market today than there were previously, as new sex technology is on the rise for men and women have sex with artificially intelligent robots. As odd as it may seem, an antisocial person who works from home, orders food and supplies online, and has no wife or husband will find their sexual needs met by the upcoming artificially intelligent robots.
Sex robots are still in early development but RealDoll and Android Love Dolls are leading this new industry. These different sex robots are fully customizable according to the preferences of the customer. The ability to customize a sex robot offers convenience for people who may not want a relationship, but want to have sex. Technology makes everything more convenient, so why not also tap into sexual convenience?
Here are the benefits you need to consider:
- Sex robots omit the risk of any sexually transmitted diseases. According to the New York State Department of Health, every 1 in 4 Americans have an STD of an estimated 110 million people. Though, use of protection with latex condoms works to prevent HIV and other STDs (like chlamydia and gonorrhea), there is not a one hundred percent guaranteed of safe sex.
- Sex robots fill the sexual needs of a person, which is one of the basic human needs. According to Psychology Today, isolation and insecurity are increasingly common.Depression affects 1 in 10 adults in the USA, and being lonely can cause significant health and psychological problems for many of us. Having sex releases happy hormones and relieves stress, which can lead to a happier person overall. Sex is good, and when you are isolated, having a sex robot can make things a lot easier.
- Sex robots are good for socially awkward people. If you haven’t got ‘game,’ getting sex can be difficult. When you have a sex robot on call in your home, you don’t have to worry about hunting for a partner or dealing with relationship issues. Sex technology makes for great convenience anytime in your home. For more information on socially awkward people looking for intimacy, check out this feed on Reddit.
Here are the cons:
- With technology making sex easy and convenient, people are losing more social skills that are essential to human connection. There is a huge need for human intimacy, and when we don’t have a strong connection with someone who can meet our needs, we feel distressed, and almost inhuman. People need intimacy and deep meaningful relationships, it is one of the most essential needs along with food, water, and shelter.
- Sex always sells, and when you have technology that makes it easy to attain, the available supply will encourage solo sex with technology.
- When you aren’t out there looking for a partner, you may miss out on a great relationship.
There is no doubt that sex technology is disrupting the market. According to an article in Forbes, How The ‘Niche’ Sex Toy Market Grew Into An Unstoppable $15B Industry, the sex toy market proves to be profitable. The best way to solve your sexual needs and intimacy needs would likely involve sharing your sex technology with another person whom you trust. One thing is for certain as Sir Richard Mottram once famously said,
“We’re all fucked.”
Sex tech still is a new industry that offers great potential for singles and others to meet a basic human need. There are positives and negatives to sex tech, just like with everything in life. Will these sex robots prove useful and beneficial to the human race or will they turn into mankind’s worst science fiction nightmare made real?