There are many ways to prepare potatoes. A popular way is to mash potatoes. Here is a delish bash mashed potatoes recipe for one.
Basic Mashed Potatoes Recipe For One
Delish Basic Mashed Potatoes Recipe For One
You can use instant mashed potatoes, or you can make your own. If you use instant mashed potatoes, you can follow the instruction on the box and adjust the positions. Below is an adjusted mashed potatoes recipe for one person:
• 1/4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 3/4 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste (Optional)
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 tablespoons butter
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and garlic, lower heat to medium, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. When the potatoes are almost finished, heat milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter is melted.
3. Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Slowly add warm milk mixture, blending it with a potato masher or electric mixer until the potatoes are smooth and creamy. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
Mashed potatoes are easy to make. You can make enough to enjoy with your favorite main dish as a side. Looking for a main dish to pair with the mashed potatoes? Check out some of the turkey recipes below!
- Succulent Oven-Roasted Turkey Thigh Recipe For One
- Savory Easy Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe For One
- Tasty Easy-Baked Turkey Wing Recipe For One
- Roasted Turkey Leg Recipe For One
- Solo Thanksgiving – You Can Enjoy Thanksgiving Solo
What is your favorite way to prepare potatoes? Let us know in the comments below!