Are you not going over to family or friends this year for the Thanksgiving holiday? Do you enjoy turkey legs more than the other parts of the bird? Here is a simple roasted turkey leg recipe for one.
Roasted Turkey Leg Recipe For One
Succulent Roasted Turkey Leg Recipe For One
Are you a dark-meat person? Here is a slightly modified version of a turkey leg recipe for one:
- 1 celery stalk, cut into thirds
- 1 turkey leg
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup of water, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse the turkey legs and pat dry.
- Stand the turkey legs upright (as if the turkey were standing). Press a knife down into the deep tissue, creating 2 or 3 long pockets. Press a piece of celery into each opening. Pull back the skin on the legs, rub it with butter, and season with a bit of salt. Put the skin back into place, rub with more butter, and season lightly with salt. Lay the turkey legs in a roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the legs are golden brown and the internal temperature is 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Add more water if needed while roasting, and occasionally baste with the juices or butter.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the leg meat reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your turkey leg.
You can enjoy Thanksgiving solo! You can enjoy the holiday season as a single person!
- What Is The Difference? Solitude Versus Loneliness
- Solo Thanksgiving – You Can Enjoy Thanksgiving Solo
- 30 Ways To Be Happy Single!
- A Return To Self-Reliance
- The Loneliness Epidemic and Social Media Paradox
What is your favorite Thanksgiving dinner meal item? Let us know in the comments below!